Invoice Management Programs
Invoice Management Programs Information
Why use invoice management? Because collecting and paying invoices is painful!
Common billing challenges when presenting Voluntary Products and providing an alternative to payroll deduction.
Drafting from the policyholder’s checking/savings account or credit/debit/payday card is a solution.
• Ran out of payroll deduction slots (payroll service company fee to add an additional payroll slot to oer VB
and may be cost prohibitive).
• Less than stellar billing experiences with VB carrier(s) in the past, prompts the employer to advise they “want nothing
to do with billing.”
• Lack of personnel resources to handle VB invoice reconciliation for multiple carriers due to budget constraints or
• Seasonal/-uctuating workforce where invoice reconciliation is challenging due to gaps in employment
(ski resorts, catering, hotels, call center, tourism, farms, wineries, delivery, retail, education).
• Workforce is paid via payroll card/payday card (e.g. Global Cash Card®, Brink’s®, Net Spend®, Flexwage®, nFinance®)
vs. traditional payroll check/deposit.
• Industries where reconciliation is a challenge due to transitional nature of workforce (retail, restaurants, hotels,
casinos, nursing homes).
• “Share” employees with other rms (employees are part-time with two or more employers such as nurses, livery
drivers, restaurant workers).
• Interested in maintaining DOL Independent Contractor Employment Classi cation, expressed interest in oering
access to Supplemental Bene ts, but not interested in facilitating payment of the premium via statement deduction
• Professional Employer Organization (PEO) is interested in the revenue opportunity if they oer VB, simultaneously
they are focused on reducing their administrative costs and they view reconciliation as an expense.
• Company with workforce in remote locations and commissions -uctuate. Their paycheck won’t consistently cover the
• Multistate employer requests that they have no responsibility for billing as they’ve grown by acquisition and now
have multiple unions and payroll systems and they do not desire to oer payroll deduction.
(EFT ts their need to eliminate all employer billing responsibility.)
• Employer desires to oer Voluntary products without running through Section 125 to avoid compliance
requirements and recordkeeping.